Proudly designed and manufactured in the United Kingdom
The CTRLDock Classic SE joins the Super CTRLDock in the current range of classic controller interfaces.
The CTRLDock Classic SE is a very low latency interface (around 0.7ms for digital inputs) for joysticks, mice, paddles and trackballs, allowing vintage controllers to be used on a wide range of gaming systems.
All CTRLDock Firmware can be found on the Heber Github - Heber-co-uk (Heber Ltd) (github.com)
It is compatible with:
- The MiSTer Multisystem
- Raspberry Pi systems
- Mac O/S
The current compatibility list based on devices tested so far includes but it not limited to the following:
- Atari VCS/2600, 7800, 800, VCS, ST (Joysticks and Mice), Atari Keypad
- Commodore Amiga (Joysticks and Mice), VIC-20, C64, C64GS, C128, CD32
- Sinclair ZX Spectrum
- Amstrad CPC, GX4000
- Sega Mega Drive, Master System
- NeoGeo joysticks and pads
- Paddle modes with sensitivity adjustment
The CTRLDock Classic SE features two DE9 and two DE15(Neo Geo) ports to support a wide range of classic devices (see compatibility list below), and uses a rotary knob as the selection method.
Analogue measurements are dependent on the devices used, as standard some filtering is applied for the paddles, depending on the sensitivity paddles will naturally have higher latency as appropriate for the devices and in line with the original experience.
Each port is equipped with a 100mA resettable fuse on the 5V connection and resistors on the other signal lines to protect the CTRLDock Classic SE and control system in the event of a short circuit.
- Digital and analogue device support
- Super low latency (as low as 0.7ms in testing to date)
- Built in protection against short circuits for the many classic controller wiring types
- Joystick/joypad, mouse, trackball, paddle support and more
- Multiple sensitivity settings for paddles
- Support for simultaneous devices e.g., two players or joystick and mouse
- Simple mode switching on the fly with a front dial
- Upgradable firmware to add future device support and updates
- Built to a high standard by Heber Ltd and thoroughly tested before shipping
The CTRLDock Classic SE comes with a custom 3D printed case and USB connector cable.
What you will receive:
- CTRLDock Classic SE PCB
- 3D printed enclosure in charcoal black PolyTerra PLA
- Rotary control knob, needed to operate the system
- USB connector cable - micro USB cable 1.5m long
- Assembled and ready to use
All enclosures are 3D printed in house on our 3D printer farm under the guidance of designer Richard Horne. Richard is an expert in the 3D printing field and author of “3D Printing for Dummies” 3rd Edition.
Please note: colours may differ from those shown due to different filament batches, varying lighting conditions and/or device settings.
All other items shown in images are for illustration only and are not part of what you will receive in this listing.
If you like the CTRLDock, but would like to further enhance the 3D printed enclosure, a range of printed vinyl finishes are available from our friends at retrofied.uk
Orders will be shipped within 2-3 weeks of order being placed. Items will be shipped together if multiple items are purchased. When an item is pre-ordered, any other items in the order will be shipped with the pre-order product.
The Retro Collective
The Retro Collective is a vintage technology community hosting interactive museums and exhibition spaces based in Chalford, just outside Stroud in the heart of the Cotswolds in the UK.
Situated in a beautiful 18th century mill, The Retro Collective comprises Heber Ltd, and electronics design company, The Cave, a retro computer museum, and Arcade Archive, a classic video arcade museum.
A proportion of selected product sales goes towards supporting our hands-on museums at the Retro Collective. Thank you for your support. For more information visit The Retro Collective.
This product is designed and manufactured by Heber Ltd.
Heber have 40 years’ experience at the forefront of electronics design and production and are leading suppliers of gaming controllers and gaming peripherals.
Heber also provides a bespoke design consultancy service which takes products from the earliest of concepts right through to volume manufacture. We can help at any or all of the stages depending on your needs.
With over 4 million Heber control systems in the world, we have established a reputation of designing innovative electronics and bespoke designs to deliver exactly what our clients need. If you have any ideas you’d like to see made reality visit heber.co.uk for more information.